Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More Tay Shenanigans

We don't know how but a bunch of scammers got hold of Tay's name and cell number.  They've been calling him 2-3 times a day for the past few weeks.  And let me tell you...He is giving them a run for their money and sanity.

Caller: "May I speak with Tay Dawson?"
Tay: "This is Tay."
Caller:  "May I ask you a few questions?"
Tay:  "Let me ask you a few questions.  What's your name?  What's your last name?  Where do you work?  What's your address?  What's your company's address?  Do you have a family?  What are their names?...."

*Click*

Or this one:

Caller starts his scam speech and Tay interrupts, "Wait, are you a man or a woman?"
Caller:  "I'm a man."
Tay:  "Are you sure?  You kind of sound like a woman."
Tay spent the rest of the call responding, "Yes ma'am." or "No, ma'am."

*Click*

And this last one:

Caller:  "Hello.  Did you fill out an online questionnaire about being interested in continuing education?"
Tay: "Yes, absolutely I did!"
Caller:  "So, you're interested in continuing education.  What level of education do you have now?"
Tay:  "Well, I have a PhD in science."
Caller:  "I can see that education is very important to you.  What other areas would you be interested in learning about?"
Tay:  "I want a PhD in Food."
Caller:  (Trying not to laugh) "Let me transfer you to someone who can help you with that."
New Caller: "Hello, Tay Dawson.  I see you're interested in getting a PhD in Food Science?"
Tay:  "No, just food.  Actually I'd rather get a PhD in Candy.  I really like candy."

*Both callers laughing on the other end.*
*Click*

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Getting phone scammers to hang up on the person they called. Best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Jordan and I were laughing SO HARD over this one. How does he think of these awesome responses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your comment, Laura, and I totally agree! I had to delete it, though, because you used 2 of Tay's real names and I try to keep this somewhat annonymous because it's a public blog. I miss you. Will you come mow my lawn with me?

      Delete