Since our break-in last March, Tay and I have not missed a single night of making sure our cars and all home doors are locked. Until last night. And you know the one night you leave something unlocked.... Yep. Theft. Again. Because of a strange series of events, Tay's car was left unlocked. Because of another strange series of events, his $2000 work computer was left in the trunk. Because we have one slippery punk nearby, his computer (and Father's Day sunglasses) are now gone. Seriously? Will this ever stop? You wouldn't believe how many incidents have happened in the neighborhood since March. And we live in a nice place. I'm amazed this punk hasn't been shot, yet. Here's my list of items stolen from our property. But, really, who's even keeping track anymore?
--Tay's work computer
--Tay's sunglasses
--My personal computer
--CJ's scooter (Yes, even so low as to take a child's toy.)
--My father-in-law's IPad
--Our camera
--Our GPS
--Our sense of security
What next? Do you want my baby's teether toy? Because that's about all that's left around here.
horrible!
ReplyDeleteOh, Julia, that stinks!!! We were just talking about those sunglasses at the Hawkins' pool too! What a bummer.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. This is ridiculous! I am so sorry!
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck?! This is messed up.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear that...
ReplyDeleteDo you think it's the same kid?
ReplyDeleteWe think so. Not sure.
DeleteOh no! Do they have any leads yet? Seriously, does this guy just check all the cars in the neighborhood every night? Looks like we know where CJ's million would be going...IF she had it.
ReplyDeleteNo leads. I'm getting the impression that the cops don't think this is worth their time. Citizens'll have to take the law into their own hands. Just last night Tay was asking me if there was anyone that I wanted to "kick in the groin." :) I couldn't think of anyone. I think he thought of someone this morning.
DeleteHere are a few tips and tricks.
ReplyDelete1) Get a gun, or two, or three...
2) Get a dog.
3) Leave food, especially raw meat, outside your front door at night (with luck you will soon have an undomesticated carnivorous pet).
4) Hook a hot iron and/or live wires to your front door knob and car doors.
5) Make a citizens arrest.
These are just the first thoughts that come to mind. Given a few more minutes I am sure I could come up with plenty more.
I keep reflecting on this post- and do you know what I think about? I keep saying to myself, "I am so grateful that I am not a parent to a punk like that!"
ReplyDelete