Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Backyard

It's just one week until moving day.  I'm really going to miss our backyard.  Not taking care of the backyard, of course, just the looking-out-the-kitchen-window-at-the-backyard part.  I just looked out nostalgically hoping to see a few cardinals but only saw a few blackbirds.  But then in a matter of about 30 seconds:

-2 ducks fly into the backyard  which startles...
-2 bunnies who were hiding behind a tree.  They dart for the neighbor's bushes as...
-2 doves fly to the top of the monkey bars and start monkey-ing around until...
-1 more male dove (guess how I know the gender) comes to give a little competition.

I'm really gonna miss this place.  (The looking out the window part.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, funny how much we want things to change and then also wish they wouldn't? I hope things go well with your move AND I hope you get some new backyard friends to look out to (just as long as it isn't bunnies eating your vegetables or something like that). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the Hogle Zoo will rent some of their animals to be your backyard friends. Considering your dove experience, the Hogle Zoo critters should help you feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Rachel! Julia, it is time to read the picture book "Grandfather's Journey" again. If you want to call, I'll read it to you over the phone. I will miss your backyard, too. And I have only been there three times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come your blog keeps eating my comments? It's like a big, black hole.

    Now you'll never know what I said.
    And it was funny.
    Kind of.

    ReplyDelete