Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've Come a Long Way

When we were newlyweds, Tay and I rented an older duplex which was wonderfully huge for our needs, drafty, and holed enough for mice to find their way in.  Luckily I only came foot to head with a mouse one time.  It ran straight at my feet.  I leaped to the couch and screamed for a solid two minutes until Tay carried me out the front door so my feet wouldn't touch the ground.  I've always disliked scampering things...and fluttering things...and crawly things.  And I guess you could throw in anything dirty, wet, or slimy. 

Fast forward until today.  I put all Tay's wood up on craigslist so it could be gone before we move on Wednesday.  I was sifting through it and picking out the better pieces when I came across this:


Oh.  My.  DISGUSTINGNESS!!  

But Tay wasn't home and I had to be brave in front of Bun and CJ.  After all, I just don't think those girls would be able to carry me off furniture.  I'm proud to say that I took care of this mess.  And I did it wearing flip flops, too.  I'm just very, very grateful that I didn't come foot to head with the maker of that nest and those poop piles.  And I'm equally grateful that push brooms have extra long handles.  

3 comments:

  1. This coming from the girl who wouldn't sleep in the same room as a spider. I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You remembered this counsel: "Be of good courage!" "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

    And now you can say: "veni, vidi, vici." "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you screamed at least. Otherwise, Bun and CJ might get the idea you like cleaning up disgusting messes. I hope you don't find any more of those in your move!

    ReplyDelete