Friday, January 14, 2011

Just Old Enough

Sometimes CJ seems so, so old to me.
For example:

CJ: Where are you going, Mom?

Me: (Sarcastically) To Krogee-Douges. Do you need me to pick up anything for you?

CJ: (Very serious and sophisticated) I think we need more carrots.

Me: You don't even like carrots!

CJ: (Undeterred) And I don't think we have any mushrooms.

Me: You don't like mushrooms either, CJ.

CJ: (Determindly) We need more bread if we're going to have sandwiches. And we don't have ANY licorice, Mom!

*Gasp*
At least she still has times when she seems very much like a little child.
For example:

CJ: (Looking very worried as the Wicked Witch of the West appeared in The Wizard of Oz...) Mom is this real?

Me: Don't worry, CJ. It isn't real. It's just made up stuff.

CJ: Well, if it isn't real, then how did that girl know the Rainbow Song?

3 comments:

  1. Okay, that's hilarious! I love her logic with the Rainbow song. You make 'em cute, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading in my journal about four year old you. It's genetic!

    ReplyDelete