Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crushed Dreams

My friend Tammy has a 9-year-old daughter who is physically and mentally handicapped.  I'm not sure how to adequately describe Elizabeth.  She is happy.  She is almost smothering in the amount of love she gives people.  And she's in love with Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson.

This week after returning home from visiting Tammy and Elizabeth, CJ and I had the following conversation.

CJ:  "Mom, does Elizabeth still want to marry Michael Jackson?"

Me:  "I don't know.  I think she probably does because he is all she talks about."

CJ:  (Looking so sympathetic)  "Mom, does she....know?  Do you think her Mom will tell her?"

Me:  "Tell her what?"

CJ:  (Looking as if her heart would just break in two for Elizabeth)  "Tell her that Michael Jackson is....well...."

Me:  "Dead?"

CJ:  (Relieved that I understand.)  "Yes."

1 comment:

  1. She is so emotionally perceptive, it blows me away! Future career? Maybe marriage counselor, motivational speaker, talk show host... or mother!

    ReplyDelete