Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Returning the Call

Big Sister: Oh sure! You call me back right as I'm pulling up to Mom's house.

Me: Well, I called before, but it went straight to voicemail, so who's fault is that?

Big Sister: That's weird.

Me: Didn't you call anyone?

Big Sister: No....Oh wait! I did call myself.

Me: (Thinking, "What on Earth?")

Big Sister: I called myself on my home phone to leave myself a reminder message.

Me: (Thinking , "Oh good. I'm not the only one in the world who has almost completely lost her mind.) Oh sister, I love you.

Big Sister: Actually I called myself twice.

Me: Oh sister, I love you twice!

And I really, really do.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, too. Even if I've almost completely lost my mind... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a completely foreign concept to my husband. Maybe it's just something girls in our family have thought up? It works wonders though!

    ReplyDelete