I am not looking for sympathy. I am not looking for someone to make it all better. However, I am always looking for new jokes and things to make me smile. But right now, I just need a place to rant my frustrations. I've only typed one paragraph and I'm already feeling better. Maybe I won't even publish this. Except I really would like funny jokes.
Tay took the car yesterday for an over-night hike with the scouts. He made it home today in perfect condition (thankfully) but the car didn't do too well with that guard rail on the slippery road.
I guess now that I'm thinking about it, I'm really thankful that guard rail was there. Tay didn't tell me what was on the other side.
So while he was gone, we girls were housebound. Let's just say it isn't wise to put car seats in the front of a pickup. I'm fine staying home, except we got a call that our house was going to be shown this morning.
Oh did I mention we're selling our home and moving? No big deal. I am going insanely crazy. That's double crazy. And that's really really crazy.
I guess now that I'm thinking about it, I'm really thankful that someone looked at our house today. It's gotta sell sometime. But I wasn't feeling too grateful when I stuck the girls in the stroller to exit the house and the rain down poured on us.
Oh did I mention that we only have two umbrella's? One is packed away with all of our belongings in the garage cavern and it's a small Ariel one. The other was in the car's trunk, running into a guard rail.
I guess now that I'm thinking about it, I'm really thankful that it rained today, because it probably made the front lawn look less patchy. They probably didn't even notice the front lawn, though, because they were probably confused why I had towels all over the floor.
Oh did I mention that I tried cleaning carpets last night in the middle of an anxiety attack? And I either don't know how to run a machine or the machine needs a little of Tay's TLC, because it leaked all over the floor and I didn't notice until I saw Bun playing in it. I was left with 4 soapy stairs and no way to get them unsoapy.
I guess now that I'm thinking about it, I'm really thankful for my anxiety attack, because I had to take it easy and put the girls right in the tub. Oh did I mention that Bun is allergic to EVERYTHING? After getting her clean, she fell asleep really easily (crying will do that to you.) And then I had the bedtime routine with CJ.
I don't even have to think about it to know I'm really thankful for the scriptures. CJ and I snuggled in her bed and read scripture stories. It calmed my heart and mind. We were even reading about the most peaceful time in recorded scripture: the 200 years of peace after Christ visited the America's. I'd like 20 minutes of peace now. That will do for me. Nobody move! Don't touch anything! Don't spill anything! For goodness sakes, don't drive anywhere! Just hold still and breathe!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere are some videos that will hopefully cheer you up and bring back some fond memories.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-_RCwVEqY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk91phkI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4URm5eIFLJ4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs
Hope you enjoy. In case there was any doubt, I am not Rachel...
Wow, what a weekend. I'm really grateful you survived it.
ReplyDeleteDid you hear about the scientist who had the chance to talk to God?
SCIENTIST: God, we don't need you anymore.
GOD: Really? Why is that?
SCIENTIST: With the advancements in science, we can do anything you can do. We can even create human life.
GOD: Why don't you show me?
The scientist knelt down, scooped up a handful of dirt and began shaping it into a human figure.
GOD: Wait a minute! Get your own dirt.
Sorry. That's the only joke I could think of on the spur of the moment. I know better ones. Really. I just can't remember them right now.
On the bright side, I bet that the guard rail embellishment on the car diverts the eye from the "polishing" job it got earlier in the summer? Sooooo not funny, that it just might be funny?
ReplyDelete