Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bun's Diet

It's getting close to delivery time so I thought I'd start being more open with CJ on how things will be after baby Bun comes. We've talked about less holding time, how CJ will have to be more independent, etc. Also, I've been prepping her on what could be awkward situations if she isn't expecting them. i.e. breastfeeding. CJ obviously doesn't remember that stage of her life, so we've been talking about how the baby can't eat food and only drinks "mommy milk." She's become quite used to the term and I assumed she knew what I was talking about until a conversation made me realize that she thought Bun and I would be sharing the same milk glass.

CJ: "The baby sister only drinks mommy milk....and daddy milk."

I thought I'd better quickly clear up this misunderstanding of a lactating father, so I was pretty blunt.

Me: "No, the baby only drinks mommy milk. Daddy's don't have milk. The mommy milk comes from my chest and the baby drinks it."

CJ: (Thinking this is absolutely ridiculous and yet hilarious) "No, silly! COWS!"

Yes, I do feel like that sometimes. I'm thinking I'll just let this one slide and she'll catch on sometime in the near future. I certainly don't want her to associate me with cows and moo at me everytime I feed Bun!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with not feeling like a milk machine... (I just couldn't bring myself to say cow.) I remember those day none to fondly.

    ReplyDelete