Monday, August 6, 2012

Thrice Blessed

I play the organ for our church services.  It's really a great assignment because I get to sit up on the stand for the first 1/3 of the meeting while Tay takes care of all 3 girls down on our pew.  It's like a break I can count on every single week. 

This week Tay was out of town.  I was stressing on how I'd still play the organ while keeping 3 girls quiet and happy.  Saturday night I got an email from the music director, Denise.  She arranged for someone else to play the prelude music.  When I pulled up to the church, a friend (Jenny) pulled up at the same time and immediately took my baby from me.  I looked toward the church and saw Jaclyn and Craig carrying their 2 young children, rushing from the building looking for me.  "We just remembered that Tay is out of town.  Let us take your kids."  They shared their toys and snacks and didn't mind at all when my sick kids sniffled on their healthy ones.

I am so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I worry about playing the organ when my wife or one of my kids is sick, especially now with her calling neither one of us can "conveniently" miss church. It's worked out so far, but I know eventually one of my kiddos is going to wind up sitting on the stand with me for Sacrament meeting.

    ReplyDelete