Friday, August 24, 2012
Kindergarten!
CJ has changed so much in the past year. She's changed so much in the past month! I can still see the scared and the brave battling in her mind. Usually the brave wins now. She's amazing. And she's growing up too quickly.
I let her pick her own backpack. She chose a disgusting, gaudy, sparkly Barbie thing. How could I say no when she claimed a backpack like that would help her be brave on the bus? And it worked! The bus and school lunch are her favorite parts of her school experience so far. Unfortunately, the Barbie backpack's zipper broke on day 2. After Target took it back, I didn't mind at all. The new backpack might not have super brave powers, but it is still sparkly. Perhaps I'll get a "3rd week of school" photo to get a picture of the new one.
So now I have CJ at home with me for 5 hours a day and she's gone 7.5 hours a day. My heart is still wrenching.
Also, she finished filling in her "piano practicing and bravery chart" so she gets to get her ears pierced today. gulp. Where has the time gone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment