Monday, November 22, 2010

Communication

Our house still hasn't sold and Tay is still battling the 1:45 commute to and from work every day. That daily 3.5 hours on the road has really cut into our alone time. I've started emailing when I need to tell him something in case I forget during the 5 minutes of talking time each day. Things seem to be getting better, but for a while there we were pitiful at communicating effectively. Here's the best example, which still makes me laugh out loud:

We're in the market for a new car sometime before summer. Tay emailed a link for a Mazda5 he was researching. That evening we discussed it. Later that week, I got onto Tay's email to see feedback from a house showing. I noticed an email conversation between Tay and an insurance company. I knew we were getting quotes from a new company, so I clicked to see what kind of deal they were quoting us. I was surprised to read what Tay had written. He said he needed the quote ASAP, because he was going to buy a car the next day. Um...what? That's kind of BIG! When he got home I casually asked, "Are you buying a car tomorrow?" I'm still laughing that this could be a casual conversation in our home. Tay (obviously bewildered), "Well, yes. We already talked about this."

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to be out of limbo land?!

The car deal eventually fell through, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Have you forgotten about the importance of date nights? Wish I could be your babysitter...

    ReplyDelete