CJ had an unfortunate experience at school when a boy innocently looked down her shirt to see if she was hiding a certain toy down there. I was very proud when she came to me to talk about how uncomfortable she was with the situation. It has been taken care of now, but it has made me super sensitive about the clothes I'll let CJ wear in public.
This morning CJ walked into my bedroom while I was still in drooling land to show me that she was all ready for school before I was even awake. She had on a shirt and skirt. The skirt was very, very, very short. I mumbled to her that she needed a longer skirt or shorts. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. CJ came in my room 3 or 4 more times and the exact same thing happened: "Go put on something longer." Finally she came back into my room in a slightly longer skirt and a very discouraged look on her face. I came-to enough to realize that she had probably just tried on her entire summer wardrobe and she has GROWN! Whoops. My bad. I guess it's time to hit a few consignment shops. I made myself get out of bed, take her hand to go get her some breakfast, and tell her that she looked beautiful. Which she did. The little (tall) sweetheart.
You drool? And yes, you can use my old adage, "It's a small price to pay for modesty."
ReplyDelete