Monday, February 6, 2012

Wrong Number

Tay answered his phone with a regular, "hello?"  After a pause he started speaking in a really bad impersonation of a back-woods hillbilly mixed with (can I say it?) a 70 year-old Southern black man.

Tay:  "No, I is not Amber Stevens.  I have an idea for you.  Do you all have a do-not-call list?  'Cause you should add me to that do-not-call list.  You all call me every single day.  I don't want you to call me no mo'.  What kind of establishment is I talkin' to?  Is you some kind of collection service?  Is you is or is you ain't a collection service?"

Man on the phone:  "That's confidential information, sir.  I can't tell you unless you're Amber Stevens."

Tay:  "What if I said I is Amber Stevens?  Would you tell me why you keep callin' me?"

Man on the phone:  "But I know that you aren't Amber Stevens because you already told me that you aren't Amber Stevens."

2 comments:

  1. Jordan and I are laughing SO HARD! What a funny guy you've got there! I hope he realizes he might just get more people calling if he always makes phone conversations this amusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is you is or is you ain't a collection service?"

    Hahahaha, I'm dying here. I hope he talks that way the next time I talk to him on the phone.

    ReplyDelete