Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Weeks and Counting

CJ wanted to hear how Tay and I met.

Me:  "...and then Aunt Melanie saw Daddy and thought, 'I bet my little sister would sure think he's handsome.'"
CJ:  (Interrupting)  "Little sister?"
Me:  "Yes, I'm Melanie's little sister."
CJ:  "But you're not little.  You're huge!"

I'll add for Melanie's ego (and to get sympathy for my deflated ego) that CJ continued by refusing to believe that Melanie is older than I am.

10 more weeks....

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Julia! It is so hard to be told you are huge when you feel that way! We need to write a storybook that moms can read to their kids about what to say to an expectant mother. For the record, I'm sure you are "just right"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. That. Girl.
    Tell CJ she can come pull out each of my gray hairs, one by one. If she got a look at those, she'd believe I'm older than you. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years becomes less and less as we both accumulate those gray hairs. Pretty soon it won't just be CJ who thinks we're switched in age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could say something mean and joking, but considering Julia's expectant mother's feelings I'll say that I think all my sister's are beautiful. (because they are)

    ReplyDelete