Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quick as a Cricket


Bun is pretty good at saying prayers.  Or, I guess repeating prayers.  She'll sometimes start and/or finish by herself, but the bulk of the prayer is just repeating what I say.  Of course, it's very cute.  The only problem: she always whispers the entire thing....every time.

So, this morning I tried a different tactic.  For those of you familiar with Don & Audrey Wood's book, "I'm as Quick as a Cricket," this will probably be pretty humorous for you.

Me:  "It's time to say the blessing, Bun."
Bun:  "I say it."
Me:  "OK, do you want to say it by yourself or do you want mommy to help you?"
Bun:  "Mommy help you."
Me:  "Alright, but this time I don't want you to whisper.  I want you to be as "loud as a lion!"

She still whispered the entire prayer.  The only difference was that she whispered the entire prayer in a really scary, lion-like growl.  I've got to wonder if those prayers are the ones that Heavenly Father likes best.  I'm sure He likes to laugh, too.

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I'm sure He loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that book, but it sounds like a keeper just from the title and the part about the lion. I'll have to check our library for it.

    I've been meaning to tell you guys congratulations on baby #3! And another girl at that. :) We love our three girls and wouldn't trade them for a whole truck load of boys.

    I put your blog on my google reader after it was on your Christmas card last year and I have to say that I'm always so happy to see another post. You have a great way of capturing the personalities of your girls that is so endearing and sweet and downright funny.

    Hope the pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only get my little E to repeat after me when "she" is grateful for daddy and grandma and grandpa. At least Bun whispers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite books too. Wish I could have listened in!

    ReplyDelete