Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What Comes Next?

Open mouth...
...Insert toy.

I have debated and debated whether or not to record this. I have finally decided that although this story is quite embarrassing for myself, it spotlights one of Bun's unique and special traits. For my family and friends who live far away and who aren't able to see this beautiful child grow and laugh each day, I have decided to share some more bathroom humor.

Bun always knows what should happen next. As I try to put her socks on her each morning, she grabs a shoe and tries to put it over the sock before I've even finished getting them on her. When I prepare a sippy cup for her, she has the lid all ready to go before I'm finished pouring. When I change her diaper, I undo one Velcro side and Bun is already trying to pull the diaper down. I start the water in the bathtub and Bun tries to pull her clothes off. I try to get her arms through the straps on her car seat and she is already lifting the strap that attaches between the legs--every time I put her in her car seat! There was even one time when I was trying to dress Bun for bedtime. I was talking to CJ at the same time and I didn't say the second-nature "pop" that I usually say when her socks and shoes come off. Bun said it for me as clear as day. "Poppp!" And this from a girl who is so quiet that I only know she has woken from her nap when I hear the Ocean Wonders Crib Aquarium start to play music.

Then a few weeks ago, Bun followed me into the bathroom where I was doing my business. And this is the embarrassing part. Not only did she know to grab the toilet paper for me, but when I stood and started to pull up my underwear, Bun started to tug my pants up for me. I think this is telling me one of two things: Either I need to leave that bathroom door closed from now on, or I am doing a great job at training her to care for me in my old age.

4 comments:

  1. I'd go for the old age option. Closing the bathroom door doesn't work. My children STILL follow me to the bathroom. Every time. Of course, now I'm a little more insistent that they leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tmi Tmi! TMi!! TMI!!!

    - all civilized people (Rachel says this equates with me, but I resent the fact I am being called an entire people)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Mike: Everyone poops. If they don't, they die. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny girl! I had no idea she was that aware! You might have an early potty-trainer on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete