I showed a video to CJ of our friend's sky diving team. She was very impressed at their bravery. The video never showed them actually using the parachutes at the end, though, and CJ was quite worried about what happens when they hit the ground. I guess she has never heard of parachutes, so I showed her some pictures online. She loved them. She wants one for Christmas. She wants to jump out of planes and float down to the ground. (If only it were like that.) And she asked my permission.
CJ: "Can I have one for Christmas?"
Me: "Nope."
CJ: "Why?"
Me: "Because I'm not going to let you jump out of an airplane."
CJ: "Then when?"
Me: "I am never going to let you jump out of an airplane. If you decide to when you're an adult then there's nothing I can do about it."
And then I had a stroke of genius.
Me: "Can you jump off your chair?"
Eventually she did it. She had me count first.
CJ: "Count to 10... 11... 12... 13............ 14................... 15............................. 16."
(Long pause to see if the counting would continue.)
Putting it off as long as possible, I guess. I don't think she'll be jumping from planes any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment