Friday, June 4, 2010

Bun's Lesson

After dinner tonight, CJ begged Tay to take her on a bike ride/walk. They took off while I threw the rest of the dishes in the dishwasher. Since they had only been gone 5 minutes when I finished, and since I thought I knew which direction they probably took judging by which bike was missing from the garage, (uphill versus downhill bikes...there's a difference for a 3 year old) I scooped up Bun and took off after them.

Bun has been sick this week with an ear infection, fever, and a flu bug, so it was nice to be able to finally take her out. I tried to get her excited about things that were passing: robins darting, cars driving, music playing. But then I noticed that she was just calmly gazing at the gentle wind blowing the leaves, or at how our shadows followed our every movement. It was interesting to me to be reminded by a baby (someone who doesn't even talk, yet) to slow down, calm down, and quietly enjoy the things around us. As I realized what she was doing and I watched those blowing leaves, I had an instant feeling of being more light in my heart...as if a little of the Frenzied Mother Syndrome lifted right away from me. Unfortunately, as soon as we caught up to Tay and CJ, I completely spaced the lesson I had just "learned" and I just remembered it again as I was pondering my day. I think I found a new goal for tomorrow...or maybe for Monday. I have too much to do tomorrow. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment