I love hearing stories that come out of CJ's head. I have yet to be able to sneakily catch a telling on camera and I can never remember all the great details she puts in. Once she was talking about a place where there were no streets and no sidewalks and the children had to walk on the rocks! "All. By. Themselths!" (Shocking.)
While we were stuck in traffic today, CJ entertained me with the following story. And since it was so short and simple, I remembered most of the details. Notice most sentences start with "And she..." Very CJ-ish. Also, she usually has to say "OK" about 50 times.
"Mom, do you want me to tell you a story? OK. How about a story about a tree? Yes? OK. Once upon a time there was a little tree named Alpha. And she had a little kitty named Sha-Sha. And she had a daughter named [??? I can never remember CJ's made up names.] And she had a baby sister...and a baby brother....and another baby sister and another baby brother. And they wanted a car. But the tree didn't fit. The end!"
Let's see...Car (you just sold one and will have to buy one when M&D get home)...kitty (has she been asking for a pet?)...4 younger siblings (she has been asking). Put it all together and she is saying that your next car is going to have to be a minivan to fit your five kids and your cat! Wanting siblings I understand, a cat, no way. Start preparing though! CJ usually gets what she wants.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the tree needs a boat instead of a car. Then the tree can dangle its roots over the side of the boat and get a drink whenever it wants.
ReplyDelete