For the past few days, I've been letting CJ do a little typing on my computer while I try to clean/make dinner. I just open up a blank Word document, push Caps Lock (all about upper case here) and let 'er at it. The novelty of being allowed to use my computer unattended keeps her entertained for a long time. I only have to help once every few minutes when she accidentally moves the cursor or presses the right click button. Yesterday I even showed her how to use the Enter and Space Bar buttons.
"Wow! That's amazing! Just like magic!"
Ah to be so easily pleased. I had finished dinner, fed the baby and was on my third room cleaning when I saw CJ had already filled an entire page of her Word document and was starting in on her second. And when I say filled, I mean filled. Meticulously filled. There were no lines that looked like this:
"VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV"
Instead, each line looked something like this (give or take a few hits of the space bar):
"DBGIERCLKORS CJVBCAAAREVHUKHFYYT ERMJUKI"
After more than 1/2 hour of typing, I overheard her say the following.
"Oh my guhness! (Goodness) Why am I pushing these buttons?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment