Friday, December 4, 2009

Day at the Opera

Sometimes I'm a silly mom. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I make up words to classical music to sing to my girls. CJ's real name fits nicely into quite a few songs. Bun is a little more difficult. But today I found a song that both names can fit in: The Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss. I dramatically sang several different themes from the endless song using only the words, "I love my sweet, my sweet [CJ]. I love my sweet, my sweet [shortened Bun.] I love my sweet little girls, my [CJ nickname] and my [Bun first and middle name.] Those brilliant lyrics worked the entire way through the song with only minor alterations...more "sweets" or using nicknames/middle names.

Admit it. How many of you just tried to sing that in your head?

After my wonderful and touching performance, CJ started singing in her best 2 year old operatic voice.

"I..................Loooooooooooove.................my...................."

Oh how cute! She loves me, too.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaady!"

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I admit it. I did. And I'll be singing it all day. Thanks. A lot.

    ReplyDelete