Yesterday, I was trying to entertain CJ in the car without getting out crayons/DVD player, etc. So, I tried to interest her in the world outside the car.
Me: "Look CJ. There's a Grandpa riding his bike."
CJ: "Oh! I hope we didn't squash him."
*pause*
CJ: "He's someone else's Grandpa, right?"
Today CJ was playing with the big bulky Legos and came to me for help. She had a man and woman already on a train car and asked if I could make the little girl fit, too.
Me: "Oh, is that the Dad, Mom and little girl?"
CJ: "No, that's the mailman."
Me: "Look CJ. There's a Grandpa riding his bike."
CJ: "Oh! I hope we didn't squash him."
*pause*
CJ: "He's someone else's Grandpa, right?"
Today CJ was playing with the big bulky Legos and came to me for help. She had a man and woman already on a train car and asked if I could make the little girl fit, too.
Me: "Oh, is that the Dad, Mom and little girl?"
CJ: "No, that's the mailman."
That's hilarious, Julia. Where do you think CJ got the whole mailman thing?
ReplyDeleteWell if I tell you, it takes all the shock out of the statement.
ReplyDeleteCJ loves mail and listens for the truck every day. He had just driven by a few minutes earlier and I'm sure he was on her mind. But a very funny coincidence. At least she didn't say "milk man."